Pilates =Play within Principles
There is an epidemic of extremes in the Pilates industry.
Either practitioners are too serious, necks are cranked, faces are crunched or they are having fun and movements are sloppy.
Clients go to Pilates trainers/ teachers for "years" or they hop from one studio to another looking for entertainment and depth but never finding both at the same time, Teachers boasting how they have kept clients going for years and years to stay pain-free.
That is alarming to me, that is not true health!
Unfortunately, there are enough health and wellness professionals keeping people dependent, sick, not thriving, for money. Repeat clients and renewed packages is the goal, not the student's true health and independence of body and mind, Studios shuttling people in and out like a hair cuttery. Employers pressuring instructors to get packages sold and renewed. Instructors not living a balanced life themselves- their faces tight, their breathing shallow, their postures hunched, full on fight or flight. Naturally, within a teacher student role, the students mirror (mirror neurons and mimicry is natural in mammals) and take on not the words instructed but the big picture composure of their teachers.
You see, whilst most teachers pay lip service to the guiding principles of Pilates. most don't actually invite students to live their lives that way. If you can successfully incorporate the guiding principles of Pilates into real life outside the studio, it is my firm belief that
It is in this light that I am expanding and redefining how I teach this method:
1. Pilates as play, pilates is fun, and play is a valuable and learnable skill (most adults suck at it, hence stress is a #1 killer in this country)
2. Pilates as a lifestyle that embodies a certain success mindset, employing the principles of Pilates within play guidelines (Balance)
3. Students will be treated as able adults with a fit mind (You will learn to think critically for yourself when you train with me, rather than just following directions, I will follow your lead as you tell me what feels right and what doesnt). Lessons are a co-creation process.
4. Your time with me is a maximum of 6 months, where you will forge a safe and healthy relationship with movement via the Pilates Method, walk away with a healthy mindset and an excellent foundation of movement. You will feel confident walking into any (Pilates) class or private sessions when you graduate my program, with a refined relationship with your bodymind.
5. Your program is a combined curriculum of movement and mindset exploration and they are symbiotic
If this sounds like something that interests you, if you have 6 months to play and pivot in a meaningful way, learn very good pilates and get a full stress mindset reset, book your welcome sessions or schedule a complimentary 15 minute discovery call.